[wisb] northern harrrier courtship display flight

  • From: "Rhonda Schrab" <rdzs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 00:46:01 -0500

Drove the Horicon Marsh Main Dike Rd. today. Highlight was watching a
northern harrier performing his courtship display flight. It was a
beautiful display of aerial acrobatics. For first of year birds had 3
forsters terns and 1 black tern. Another unusual highlight was half way
across Dike Rd. right out in the middle of the marsh I stopped to look and
listen. I noticed 2 small birds just off the shoulder of the road and one
turned out to be a yellow-rumped warbler. I guess I didn't expect to see
one out there. Was probably the best look I've ever had at one, only about
10' from the car, in the open in bright sunlight.
Dave Schrab
Hustisford WI
Dodge Do