[wisb] Re: my post from Tuesday, rare overnight sound

  • From: paul bruce <rdjn560birdcrazy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 19:35:01 -0700 (PDT)

     The cal  I heard from late Tuesday night still plagues me, hoping someone
may know of this certain bird call, as a refresher what I heard was  a rather
hard, nasal djeen  or maybe dzeen.  Left me majorly confused.  I checked my
book over esp. in the wagtail area but that didn't pan out.  I have lost my
reading glasses so I can't read my guide very well, so if anyone has a clue
what this mystery call might belong to,  this would be quite the record
'hearing'. And speaking of such, I'm still certain what I heard one May night
several years ago, belonged to a Sprague's Pipit.  I heard that once too,
something like a slightly descending  shing-ring-ring-ring-ring.  Comments on
that?
  As far as sightings around here lately, not much, been working days lately,
but while waiting for my ride to show up today, I got easy stuff like a
northbound vulture,  as eastbound osprey, another martin, 4 small dark ducks at
a distance, looking like woodies.  Wish this chilly weather would get the heck
away,  I'd like a good hawk flight, some of those warblers, and ANYTHING that
means spring and warmer weather.  Maybe tomorrow just might be a start, minus
any moisture.

       Paul Bruce, Oshkosh