[wisb] introductions

  • From: "epdobe@xxxxxxxx" <epdobe@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 23:10:23 GMT

Hi all:I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself.  My name is Eric
Peterson.  I live in American Fork Utah.  A town about 30 miles south of Salt
Lake City.  I joined the list because I have family that lives in Wisconsin.
My wife is from Shell Lake and we travel there regularly.  I wanted to find out
who birded from that part of the state and make some connections with them.  I
have been checking e-bird regularly for the area and have found that Judy
Haseleu and Rick Pertile live fairly close to Shell Lake.  If they are on this
list or anyone knows their information could they pass it on to me?  Or if they
know any other birders from that area. Anyway I have been birding for about 3
years here in Utah.  I have seen about 200 different species here in Utah.  I
also seen many birds in Kenya when we went there for our honeymoon in 2008.  My
wife and I work at the zoo in Salt Lake City.  I have been there for 18 years
and work with the elephants and rhinos.  My wife works with the giraffes and
has been there for about six years.  Her dad is the Washburn County Judge so
hopefully none of you know him by seeing him in his chambers. I look forward to
sharing my love for birds with all of you and comparing and contrasting the
differences between the birds we see here and you see there.Thanks:Eric
PetersonAmerican Fork, Utah