[wisb] Re: iPhone adaptor/spotting scope

  • From: Jesse Ellis <calocitta8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pready@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 12:22:44 -0500

I've also been investigating something called the "Magnifi" - it's an
iPhone adaptor for all optics - microscopes, field scopes, binoculars,
telescopes. It's modular and sounds like it's pretty flexible if your
eyepiece meets the length and diameter requirements. It's more expensive at
$80. I'd be curious if anyone else has used this or knows anyone who does.
Jesse Ellis
Madison, WI

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 9:24 AM, pready tds.net <pready@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Kowa has come out with an iphone adaptor that attaches to the eyepiece of
> some scopes so you can digiscope.
> I checked with Eagle Optics and it fit my Vortex Razor so I got one. My
> eyepiece is 2-1/8" diameter. So far I am happy with the results.
> Here is a link to some results:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/85519185@N04/7835755154/
> The adaptor sells for under $60 and is for iPhone 4 & 4s models.
> Good birding.
>
> Patrick Ready
> Sought on, Dane Co.

> //www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn