[wisb] funding for Cedar Grove Ornithological Research Station

  • From: William Mueller <wpmueller1947@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:29:38 -0500

CGORS is raising some funds for its banding station. See below if you would
like to help. For the younger folks among us who may not know the history
of the Cedar Grove operation:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/outdoors/78613547.html
Folks,
The bidding on these wonderful items (see below) ends this week on July
31st. As of today we are at $186.99 for the print and $175.00 for the
book. For those friends that do not want to bid on the book or print, our
Go Fund me Site is still taking donations of any size at
http://www.gofundme.com/uhfqvs.
We plan on opening August 20th this year, but I will send out an letter
letting everyone know the details as we get closer. Our intern from last
year, Andrew Moto has talked with Dan Berger and will be driving them both
from CA to the station this year. We look forward to having them both
back.
Thanks for all your support!

For the original background information:
Friends of CGORS,
Renowned Artist, Author and Birder David Sibley has joined with the Cedar
Grove Ornithological Research Station to help us raise funds for new mist
nets for our 2015 raptor banding season.
David Sibley has donated a signed edition of Hawks In Flight and a
beautiful signed Saw Whet Owl print. CGORS will be offering these unique
donations on an email silent auction starting now and going until July 30th.

William Mueller
Director, Western Great Lakes Bird and Bat Observatory
WGLBBO online: wglbbo.org
wpmueller1947@xxxxxxxxx
office 262-285-3374
cell 414-698-9108