[wisb] eBird, iPhone & BNA Online

  • From: Mike Duchek <mikeduchek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:42:21 -0600

NPR has a story today with photos on research on why white-rumped sandpipers,
and maybe other birds, breed so far north.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId2550556

Also I saw this.  eBird is giving away some of its iPhone apps and BNA Online
subscriptions to frequent checklist submitters.  Since Wisconsin is typically
in the top 10 (or top 5), despite being #20 in population, I thought it would
be good to share as I know some of you have iPhones.  (In fact, a while back I
saw someone on the Michigan list asking why Michigan was lagging behind
relative to Wisconsin in number of eBird checklists submitted.  Michigan is the
8th most populous state, by the way).

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/news/birdseye-improvements-available

Speaking of BNA online, does anyone use it?  Is it worth it?  eBird had a
discount posted for BNA Online and I thought about doing it but haven't.  Any
thoughts feel free to email me.

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/news/ebird-birds-of-north-america-online

Thanks,

Mike Duchek