[wisb] Re: eBird data entry

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 14:21:15 -0500

This might be timely - as part of various activities related to
350.org's "10/10/10 Global Work Party", I will be leading a field trip
at Olin-Turville Park beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, Oct.10, followed
by an eBird data-entry training session for the species we find that day
(still working on details, but that will probably take place at the
Madison Audubon offices at 222 S. Hamilton St. shortly after the
two-hour field trip.)  At the very least, we'll have handouts with
step-by-step instructions on how to set up an eBird account, etc.
Really, it's not anywhere near as complicated as you might think if you
don't currently use eBird (said the former eBird skeptic...)

You can find details at: http://www.350.org/ (searchable) or backchannel
me for details.

Peter Fissel
Madison, Dane Co.