[wisb] Re: dilemma with RT Hummer

  • From: Tim Hahn <thahnbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Betsyacorn@xxxxxxx, Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:57:50 -0500

It's hard to know for sure, but I think the hummer will move on when it
feels the need to. I like to think that keeping feeders out helps the birds
make it when they finally do leave. And ultimately, if you remove the
feeders and plants, the hummer certainly won't eat in your yard, but that
doesn't mean it will move on. It may just stay and not have anything to
eat. Just something to think about.
Tim Hahn
Pewaukee, WI
Waukesha Cty.