[wisb] chickadee rescue info

  • From: Betsyacorn@xxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 22:13:47 EDT

I gratefully received numerous responses to my  inquiry about the chilled
chickadee nestlings, and nearly all suggested  something that has been used
often, it appears, with bluebirds in the  Spring.  Most said that using the
hand warmer packets found in hunting  stores, and which last ten hours, is a
way to survival for many nesting species  having human intervention.
Placing these packets beneath the nesting  material has offered success when
temps
have dropped in the spring.  Thanks  all, for your wonderful responses.
Betsy A. in So. Milwaukee, SE Mke  Co.