[wisb] Re: cattle egrets Calumet Cty

  • From: Tom Schaefer <schaefertrees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "terriw@xxxxxxxxxx" <terriw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 20:36:49 -0500

My dad informed me that he saw 30 or so cattle egrets on hwy 45 just
north of Black Wolf Point road today.  The birds were feeding with elk
in one flock and another group with cows.

It would seem that Long Point (an island) harbored many more birds
than the 3 I saw earlier this summer.  It pays spending time
separating the cattles from the great egrets that also nest there.

Tom Schaefer
Hartford
Washington County

Sent from my iPod