[wisb] Yellow-rumped Warblers at the Waukesha Fox River Sanctuary and more 4/8/14, some images...

  • From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 16:43:11 -0500

Hi all,
I spent a short time down at the Fox River Sanctuary in Waukesha today and
observed my 1st Yellow-rumped Warblers of the season. There were 3 present
and they were hopping around in the trees eating what appeared to be small
insects. I also enjoyed watching 2 different Black-capped Chickadees and 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker excavating nest cavities in dead trees while I was
there. The sun felt nice, but it was chilly when it clouded over on and off
with the steady breeze.

A link to some of the images from today's events at the link below if you
care to view them:

http://www.windowtowildlife.com/yellow-rumped-warbler/

Thanks and good birding,

Jim Edlhuber