[wisb] Re: Yellow-rumped Warbler in yard

  • From: Schaufenbuel <schaufenbuel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 16:31:28 -0500

The peak of Yellow Warblers along the Wisconsin River, Mead Park Trail
in Stevens Point is over a dozen as you near mid-August. Within a week
the numbers drop to a few. to none by the end of the month.

The Yellow-rumped is a different story being a rather late migrant, but
may wander after breeding. We have them here nesting in Portage
County. There were four spots where they seemed to summer in the
"metro" area of Stevens Point and I don't see them any more. There are
still a few scattered in the northern part of the county, though.

Joe

--
Joe Schaufenbuel
Stevens Point

On 7/12/2015 9:03 PM, Richter Museum wrote:

Yellow warblers are very early migrants with most gone by mid to end of
August. We always set up early in the autumn passerine banding by last week
of July, just so we could maybe band a few before they left. Adult Least
Flycatchers are also migrating already.

Tom Erdman, Oconto