[wisb] Yellow-Rumped Warbler - Milwaukee County

  • From: "Don & Christine Reel" <dcreel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 08:28:03 -0600

As main contact for WSO, I received an email from a man who has been having
a yellow-rump visit his yard for several days. It was still there as of
yesterday - don't know what will happen with the impending storms. He
doesn't mind visits from birders. Here's his original message, sent
Saturday:

"I?ve had a Yellow-Rumped Warbler in my yard for the last four days. Pretty
unusual for the middle of winter. It?s probably an immature bird, and seems
to hang out with juncos and goldfinches. I?m not too sure about what it?s
been eating, but I?ve seen it on my suet feeder, and also picking up small
seeds (niger?, millet?).

"Anyway, if anyone wants to come out to see it, I?m in Greenfield.  If they
want to come out, they should email me at lschultz@xxxxxxxxx and I?ll give
them directions.

"Thanks, Larry Schultz"

Forwarded by Christine Reel