[wisb] Yard bird adventures

  • From: Claudia <cgiamati@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 11:56:03 -0500

Greetings,
Last week I had northern mockingbirds, Carolina wrens, black throated- blue
warblers in my sister's back yard less than a mile from the Ohio river in
southern indiana! What a difference 700 miles makes! Now that I'm back home, I
noticed that the E. Bluebirds seem to have successfully nested and claimed the
bluebird box.
There is a house wren who nests in a birdhouse gourd. Well yesterday, after I
mowed the lawn, I heard sqwawking(?) and saw the male blue bird attack the
house wren and just kick his ass!! Nice defense of territory!
Good birding,
Claudia Giamati
Chippewa County####################