[wisb] Woodford's Ponds, Jim Falls, Chippewa County

  • From: Rory Cameron <rory_cameron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 06:23:54 -0500

Yesterday afterwork I stopped at Woodford's Ponds.  Shorebirds present included
a Willett, Greater Yellowlegs, and five Baird's Sandpipers. Also present were
Tree, Cliff, Bank and Barn Swallows, Green-winged Teal, and some cows.

The water levels on the two western ponds are high.  The eastern pond appears
dry, but Mr. Woodford informed me last week that it is starting to retain
water.  It's been dry for several years.

Rory Cameron
Chippewa Falls, Chippewa County

"We come and go, but the land is always here. And the people who love it and
understand it are the people who own it—for a little while." Willa Cather