[wisb] Re: Wood Thrush and night migrants

  • From: Jesse Ellis <calocitta8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 09:55:49 -0500

Hey all-
I woke up at 5 and was able to listen to the tail end of a good night
flight, landing grey-cheek, swainson's and wood thrush, as well as Green
Heron again!

And interestingly about wood thrushes, 3 of us had at least one (possibly
another calling) this morning at Frautschi Point. I'm also happy to report
that we found two CAROLINA WRENS there. Other highlights were NORTHERN
PARULA (singing!), WILSON'S WARBLER, and a very bright CHESTNUT-SIDED
WARBLER with chestnut on his sides. SCARLET TANAGER, as well.

Jesse Ellis
Madison, Dane Co, WI