[wisb] Wood Ducks In trees, etc

  • From: Edward Saur <esaur1010@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 11:14:41 -0500

Fellow birders,
Last Friday I saw a pair of Wood Ducks perched in  trees in two different
locations along the Upper Yahara River Trail between Windsor & DeForest. I
have been seeing them in the area regularly, but it would be cool if they
would nest.

Also yesterday had several Foy's for me Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Eastern
Towhee, Brown Thrasher, Winter Wren, and a Ruby-crowned Kinglet singing.

Had a Large Coopers Hawk perch just above me-I do mean large. It had a
relatively short tail for its body size. Had me thinking Goshawk, at 1st
glance.

A few photos:
http://www.natureandlandscapes.com/p40772620/h41f2449#h41f2449

http://www.natureandlandscapes.com/p40772620/h41f2449#h2e29f383