[wisb] Sunday migration walks at Grant Park: SE Mke County

  • From: Betsyacorn@xxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 12:41:09 -0400 (EDT)

We will start up our walking season again at Grant Park on Sunday, April
26th.  It is located in South Milwaukee on Lake Michigan.  We  meet at 8 a.m.
via the Wiloway-Grant park entry on the north end  and straight east at Lot
8.  This is two-tenths of a mile south of  College Avenue off of South Lake
Drive.  Weather dependent.

Also, though the area we meet is a nice complex of pond, lake bluff, lawn,
shrub and tree canopy, we may a trip into the Seven Bridges ravines,  or
over to the magic shrub allee just north of the Kelly Senior Center in nearby
 Warnimont Park, or to see the bluebird trail at the golf course, or if
gulls are  rampant, a trip to the beach.  If you arrive late, and cannot find a
slow  moving small herd of quietish folk, call the number below and we
will give you directions to the herd.  All experiences welcome  and rewards are
given for the first person to track down a tufted titmouse or  Steve Lubahn
in the shrub layers.

Betsy Abert, South Milwaukee
414-531-9249