[wisb] Re: Wisconsin River flooding in Iowa and Sauk Co.

  • From: "Robert Mcfall" <RMcfall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cajunbirder@xxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 17:33:02 -0500

When I lived in St. Louis County in Missouri. There was a fall flood.
Everyone was blocked out of the county roads in St. Charles County between
the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers. When we finallt got to go in there
there were cornstalks hanging from the telephone wires along all the roads.
I think this was 1993. There was great birding when the floods receded. But
the flock of Eurasian tree sparrows that were always found at Riverlands
across from Alton, IL were missing.

Bob McFall
Kenosha County