[wisb] Re: Wilson's Phalarope - Washington County

  • From: deerpix@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 2manybooks2littletime@xxxxxxxxx, wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 20:18:35 -0700

Thanks to Pat for posting this,
We were just leaving Hustisford heading home to Cedarburg, when I saw this
post.  This afternoon around 4 when I saw this message.
Entered the location into gps and found this location.  On arrival I said
there's no way we're going to see this bird without a scope.  Glad I didn't
just drive away.
Life bird.  It came out from behind the cattails only a couple times for about
a minute each time but I was able to see it clearly through my binoculars.
I'd just like to know how anybody found it to begin with.  Have they been
sighted at this location before?
Thanks again Pat,
Bob & Christine Huebner
Cedarburg, Ozaukee County

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: [wisb] Wilson's Phalarope -
Washington County
From: "Pat Denzin-Weber" <2manybooks2littletime@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 4/30/14 1:58 pm
To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Saw a Wilson's Phalarope in the farmer's pond on the NW corner of Hwy. K &
 Oil Spring Road, Hartford.
 Pat Denzin-Weber
 Slinger/Washington County