[wisb] Re: Wild Turkey in Near West Side Madison Yard

  • From: David La Puma <woodcreeper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:40:23 -0600

we have two groups around Eagle Heights on the UW Madison campus. The one
that visits my feeders has been stable at 8 birds since Christmas, and the
one that seems to stay in the Eagle Heights Community Gardens was at 10
last I checked, down from 12 before the Madison CBC. The ones at my feeder
prefer the unshelled peanuts, and will almost take them out of my hand when
I'm refilling the feeders.

cheers

David

David A. La Puma