[wisb] White-eyed Vireo - Picnic Point, Dane County

  • From: Craig Brabant <brabant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 10:02:42 -0500

Hello All--

This morning two of us heard and saw a singing WHITE-EYED VIREO at Picnic Point
on the UW campus. The bird was first heard on Sunday morning out on the point,
near the fire pit closest to the parking lot. Today the bird was singing and
sighted at the base of the paved bike path between the circular parking lot and
the Eagle Heights gardens. We heard it first and then got obstructed views
through the leaves. I played the song on my phone to confirm it and the bird
flew in to an unobstructed view about 8 ft away and sang a couple of times.

Craig Brabant
Madison, Dane County