[wisb] Re: Whimbrel tracking

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <noel.cutright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 08:17:04 -0600

A subsequent update from Fletcher (a graduate of Northland College here in
Ashland by the way) on Pingo indicated the bird skirted the edge of the storm,
was only minimally affected, and as of Wed night was "only" about 300 miles
from making landfall in French Guiana or Brazil.  At about 30 miles per hour
the bird should have safely reached land mid-day yesterday.

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady