[wisb] Whimbrel, Willet, Liitle Gull/ Sheboygan County

  • From: "Tom Wood" <tcwood729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 17:14:57 -0500

I spent most of the afternoon looking for the Little Gull reported in
Sheboygan by David Brasser and Kay Kavanagh. I'm glad I didn't find it right
away, or I probably would have missed the Whimbrel that I saw on the small
rocky island off North Point at 2:20 P.M. and the Willet I saw between the
North Point parking lot and the first jetty to the south at about 2:50 P.M.
The Little Gull flew in at exactly 3:00 P.M. It landed near a few
Bonaparte's Gulls on the north side of the first jetty south of the North
Point Park parking lot.
I found the best way to view it was to take the stairs down to the beach
that are roughly in line with this jetty and walk  the well worn path that
is in line with these stairs  slowly through the cattails until you can see
the gulls on the north side of the jetty. The Little Gull was only about 35
yards away.

Thomas Wood,Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County