[wisb] Re: Western Grebe, Sheboygan Marina - late post from Georgia birder

  • From: Chris Petherick <cpetherick@xxxxxx>
  • To: korducki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 20:49:40 -0600

If you look through the photo stream there is a Clarke's Grebe about 15
pictures in - nice comparison.

Chris Petherick
Fox Point, Milwaukee County

From: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: wisbirdn-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 19:57:29
To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
birder

Does anyone else think that Paul's grebe has a really orange bill?  I'm just
sayin'...

Peter Fissel
Cranky-kneed in
Madison WI

On 11/27/11, Paul Gloyer
wrote:
> Apologies for the late post. I stopped by the Sheboygan Marina last
> Thursday to look for the Snowy Owl that had been seen there. I did not
> see the Snowy but did see what I believe to be a Western Grebe out
> past the light house. Please see a picure taken from a distance here:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/pgloyer/6414918339/in/photostream
>

> Thank you also to all of the posters that mentioned the Snowy Owls. I
finally got my first ever Snowy Owls (2) at Horicon on Friday. In addition,
I picked up two Horned Grebes, two Common Goldeneye, and several
red-breasted mergansers at Manitowoc Marina.