[wisb] Weekend Highlights -Waukesha & Jefferson Co.

  • From: Andrea Szymczak <harrierhawk1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:14:58 -0600

O.K., there was only one real hightlight from eastern Jefferson County:
(4) NORTHERN PINTAIL seen at Lower Spring Lake in Palmyra

Remainder from my stomping grounds in the Kettle Moraine of Waukesha County:
(4) TURKEY VULTURES seen together floating around western part of county
NORTHERN SHRIKES seen at Ottawa Lake & along Glacial Drumlin Trail
WINTER WRENS present at Scuppernong Springs & UW Field Station (not seen at
Paradise Spring, where bird has been present all winter)
HERMIT THRUSH at Scuppernong Springs (same individual as all winter)
GREAT BLUE HERON at Paradise Springs (bird has been on/off)
SANDHILL CRANE heard along Glacial Drumlin Trail
Waterfowl seen included TRUMPETER SWAN, HOODED MERGANSER, BUFFLEHEAD, L. SCAUP,
REDHEADS, COOT, COMMON GOLDENEYE, WOOD DUCK, & A. BLACK DUCK

& I heard a SONG SPARROW yesterday "warming up his vocal cords" with a tenative
version of its song :)

Andrea Szymczak
Waukesha, WI