[wisb] Week #2 in N. Winnebago Co.

  • From: paul bruce <rdjn560birdcrazy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:34:28 -0800 (PST)

    Hey folks,  had to do some errands back in Oshkosh during the time but
had enough  time to make it back and at least check out Shady Lane, which
happened to to prove wealthy in the roughleg hawk department.  5 total were
seen, 3 lights and 2 darks.  Both darks were up close, personal and gorgeous
!!  A nice flock of tree sparrows was also nortable, perhaps 30 birds.  Took
the rest of Shady westward went north, then east where it passes the Sod Farm
where I saw diddly squat. Quickly checked out the feeders on Center Rd., just
the basics in small numbers, then I was done.
    Saw the 2nd year Great Black-back again by the Oshkosh Tech yesterday, that
was nice to see.
    Paul Bruce, Oshkosh