[wisb] Waushara County Trumpeter Swans return (and a mourning cloak)

  • From: Laurie and Jan cieszynski <cieszyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 14:23:47 -0500

Happy Spring!
Spent the weekend at my Dad's in Wautoma. The pair of trumpeter swans that
nested nearby his home in Waushara county last year returned to his lake
yesterday.  Alone because their entire brood of cygnets were predated on last
Summer.A thrilling sight to see them back though. They almost seemed tp
remember us as they came right up to his dock. They got a treat when we put
corn cobs out on the ice for them. Too many tree swallows to count! He won't
have enough nest boxes this year~ and........2 mourning cloak were seen this
afternoon at his house.
Laurie Cieszynski
Omro, Winnebago County reporting on Waushara County####################