[wisb] Waukesha / Fox River Dam: Loons & Mallards

  • From: "Wright Family" <thomas657@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 18:44:31 -0500

With a quick stop in downtown Waukesha just above the Fox River Dam, from a
distnace while driving, I noticed a bird that clearly was not the usual
Mallard or gull.  I was pleasantly surprised to spot a Common Loon.  Further
up river, there was at least one more.

Common Loon:
First good photo:    http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/5590071661/
Catch of the day 1: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/5590071801/
Catch of the day 2: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/5590661488/

And, while Mallards are about as common as they come, here are a few photos
of the Mallard mutations that call Waukesha home:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/5590072487/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/5590662512/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/5590663140/
No orange feet here:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/5590074469/