[wisb] Warbler Walk - Green Bay

  • From: "Ty Baumann" <TyBa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 13:13:11 -0500

Twenty five birders walked for warblers at the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary this
morning.  We found 3 or four good waves of warblers, lots of individuals, 16
species.
What a difference in the mosquito population, only a few, no swarms.  We ended
with
65 species,  of note: an adult White-crowned Sparrow, this bird has been present
since the week of August 15th, and is usually found at the bird feeder corner
across
from the small prairie between the Nature Center and the Residence parking lot;
many
Philadelphia Vireos, good swallow migration with four species plus Chimney
Swifts
swirling over head; two Cooper's Hawks kept the birds fleeing for cover several
times; 16 Great Egrets roosting in the branches over the lagoons east of the
waterfalls; many Ruby-throated Hummingbirds fighting over the jewelweed; a
lingering
Eastern Kingbird; and a  Swainson's Thrush.  Nice day for a walk, fall is in
the air.
Ida Baumann, Green Bay, Brown County