[wisb] WT kite. not today

  • From: Jeffrey Bahls <jbahls@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdnet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 16:22:06 -0500

went looking for the white -tailed kite this AM. the spot reported
yesterday (D & 6th ) had goose hunters on the east side of the pasture.
We drove roads surrounding old locations. No Kite. Maybe it kept going...
what we did see ,Merlin, Across from 6th ave marsh, Hundreds of cranes, as
many coot, a pair of swans (NOT whooping swans) 3 different flocks of
prairie chickens, a northern shrike, several rough-legged hawks and a No.
Harrier, Watched 3 bald eagles rip apart a road killed coon on the shoulder
of the road. We stayed about 100 yards away and watched through binocs. It
was just was fun watching the reaction of the drivers passing by, one lady
had a look of shock, another guy forgot the road curved a bit and nearly
ran off the road several did double takes.  If anyone finds the Kite again
please report
Jeff Bahls
Lowell Wi.