[wisb] WSO Hawk Watch Sunday

  • From: "Tom Schultz" <trschultz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 20:35:10 -0500

As you may know, Jeff Baughman and I have attempted to reduce the impact of
poor weather days by scheduling some of our field trips as “dual dates”,
with the final call made last-minute, based on the weather forecast.  Of
course, this can still be difficult, but as of right now it looks like we will
try to go with the first of our two possible dates.  The weather for Sunday
sounds promising, so the WSO Hawk Watch at Harrington Beach State Park (Ozaukee
Co.) will be held on Sunday, October 6th – beginning at 8:00 AM.
More information about this field trip can be found on the WSO website:
http://wsobirds.org/?page_id81

Remember that it is not necessary to be a WSO member to join our field trips,
but you will need at least a daily state park sticker at Harrington Beach.
Besides looking for migrating raptors, we will also be looking for any migrant
passerines, and part of our time may be spend on the beach in search of Lake
Michigan birds such as loons, grebes, scoters and gulls.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Tom Schultz
WSO Field Trips co-chair
Green Lake Co.
920-960-1796