[wisb] Visit Costa Rica & Help "Our" Birds Too!!!

  • From: Sharpbill@xxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 10:01:23 -0500 (EST)

Greetings!
This is an invitation to participate in a birdathon to the Osa peninsula
in Costa  Rica.  Please consider joining me March  3-10, 2012 to see the
amazing birdlife in the Osa.  Birdathons are a unique, beneficial, and  fun way
for an individual to travel to the tropics, observe amazing birds, and  yet
be actively involved in conservation by raising funds to further protect
habitat for our feathered friends.
55 neotropical migrants that are found in  Wisconsin, winter in the Osa.
This is the primary reason I have chosen  to focus my efforts in assisting
Osa Conservation raise funds to protect vital  wintering habitats by extending
the Corcovado-Matapalo Biological Corridor.  More information may be found
on their  website _www.osaconservation.org_
(http://www.osaconservation.org/) .
I have visited the Osa recently and can vouch for its uniqueness and
importance to numerous species of wildlifeâ??in particular â??ourâ?? neotrops,
not to
mention the stunning resident birds!  Please see the attached itinerary and
photo to wet your appetite.  The trip will be nothing short of a
spectacular experienceâ??where else can one see scarlet macaws while eating
breakfast!?
As a participant in the birdathon, we hope that each individual will ask
friends, family, coâ??workers, etc., to sponsor them to raise additional funds
for  Osa Conservation.  This is not a  requirement, and there is no
expectation on raising a minimum amount of  $$$.  Nonetheless, the more funds
we
raise, the more we can help protect critically important habitats.  Donations
are 100% tax  deductible.
If interested in participating, please contact me as soon as  possible.
The trip is limited to 10  people in order to enhance each individualâ??s
experience.  Cost is $1,800.00/person (which includes  a $500 donationâ??tax
deductible).  All food and lodging is included; however, airfare to the Osa is
on
your  own, as well as alcohol and gratuity.
For more information, please contact me directly at (414) 771-3040, X144,
or (414) 353-2624.  Hope to see  you on the Osa!
Michelene (Mickey) Oâ??Connor
WBCI International Committee
Avian Zookeeper
Milwaukee  County Zoo