[wisb] Vernon Marsh

  • From: "Mike Duchek" <mikeduchek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 14:13:43 -0500

A nice day out at Vernon Marsh despite horribly windy weather with
windtunnel-like conditions that made it impossible to hear anything at
times.  BW teal were everywhere in the marshes, and in the open water I was
able to pick out some other stuff as well.  Nice selection of passerines too
up from the marshes, but some surprising misses like phoebe.  The weather
certainly wasn't on my side.  Highlight was a VIRGINIA RAIL that was walking
around, and then another one called a little ways off and the one I was
watching responded in kind.  A new one for me.

-Mike Duchek, Waukesha, Waukesha Co.