[wisb] Various Dane County Sites - Tues 3/18

  • From: Josh Mayer <wackybadger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 17:08:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,
I made my way around several sites in Dane County today:

Spring Trail Pond, UW Arboretum, Madison - mallards, cardinals, house sparrows,
American tree sparrow, downy woodpecker
Ho Nee Um Pond, UW Arboretum, Madison - mallards, red-winged blackbirds, blue
jays, 3 sandhill cranes (flyover), 1 male wood duck, 1 turkey vulture
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/wackybadger/13254542755/), and these unidentified
(mallards?) ducks: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wackybadger/13254807314/
Lower Mud Lake/Lewis Park, McFarland - many coots, buffleheads, and more Canada
geese than I could count (I can't rule out the similar species), ring-billed
gull, 3 sandhill cranes, and 1 female ruddy duck
Fish Camp Park, McFarland - Canada Geese and these ducks flying overhead
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/wackybadger/13254809164/)
Tenney Park, Madison - robins and starlings
Nine Springs, Madison - Canade geese throughout and 4 sandhill cranes by the
observation platform
MG&E on Blount St, Madison - stopped by to see the peregrines and only had a
brief glimpse of one as it stuck its head out of the nesting box; numerous rock
pigeons and house finches along the Cap City Trail

Josh
Madison, WI (Dane)

Lifebird Photos on Flickr (in progress)