[wisb] Rusty Blackbirds - Green & Rock County

  • From: Chuck Heikkinen <quetzal65@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 19:25:37 -0500

Hi All,
Nolan Pope, Delia and I went looking for Rusty Blackbirds south of Madison
today.  We found two feeding along with a small number of Red-wings in the
marshy area just south and east of Cadiz Spring Road (the road off Hwy 11
to get to Browntown-Cadiz Springs State Park in Green County.  We also saw
4 Rusties along South Nelson Road in Avon Bottoms in Rock County.  The
birds were in the flooded trees near the river and by the road.  We also
had Fox Sparrows in both Cadiz Springs SP, along Cadiz Spring Road, and at
Avon Bottoms near where we found the Rusties.

Cheers,

Chuck Heikkinen
Madison