[wisb] Unusual combo -- Chipping and Tree

  • From: "Tom Schultz" <trschultz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 18:01:21 -0500

Today, near my feeders I observed an unusual pairing of sparrows â?? at least
for me.  I had a newly-arrived Chipping Sparrow feeding next to an American
Tree Sparrow.  In my experience, there is generally only a short window of
overlap during migration for these two very similar species, and it was fun to
see them side by side.
Other sparrows present were Song, Fox and lots of juncos.

Tom Schultz
Green Lake Co.