[wisb] Re: University Bay (Madison, Dane Co.)

  • From: David La Puma <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 15:58:05 -0600

U Bay has gotten a bit of coverage today! We (Eric Wood, Tavis Anderson and
I) did a quick scan from the south side of the bay and had the 2nd winter
Glaucous Gull stealing sunnies from the local Herring gulls. We had 3 Mute
Swans (adults) and a few more Tundras, and a single Ruddy Duck on U Bay,
plus three juv Bald Eagles soaring over the path to Picnic Pt. Otherwise
our counts were very similar to Alyssa's. Later this afternoon Jesse Ellis
had the Glaucous Gull from University Terrace- so the bird is definitely
moving around.
Good birding,

David
________________________