[wisb] Turkeys in trees

  • From: "Korducki" <korducki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbird" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 09:46:45 -0600

Near my home in very suburban New Berlin, I was surprised to see 8 turkeys
roosting near the tops of some medium sized oaks.  An unusual sight for 9:30
this morning.  A quarter mile down the road there was another lone turkey also
near the top of a large tree.  I wonder if this is a response to the cold and
deep snow?  I know turkeys spend the night in trees but was surprised to see
them so high up and relatively late in the morning.  They looked liked roosting
vultures.
Mark Korducki, New Berlin