[wisb] Townsend's Solitaire - Ashland/Bayfield Cos.

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 19:35:57 -0700

This afternoon I found a TOWNSEND'S SOLITAIRE just southwest of Ashland on
Carlson/Summit West Rd at Ashland-Bayfield Rd, which represents the county
line.  The bird barely sat still in the heavy winds and I lost it when it
entered the dense pine stand north of this intersection.  Plumage (brighter
buff in wings) indicates this is a different individual than the one present in
nearby Washburn earlier this winter.

Only other birds of note today were ~200+ Bohemian Waxwings on Beaser Ave again
at the Bay City Creek crossing, no doubt part of the big flock present there
the past month.  Ashland area received no snow from this recent storm and many
fields are now largely bare/grassy.

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady