[wisb] Re: Thank the roads?

  • From: tom prestby <jjprestby@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 20:31:01 -0500

I noticed something very similar to Tom while driving back to Madison along I39
through heavy snow, sleet, and freezing rain thunderstorms today (a drive I
definitely would not make again if I could do it over). I saw multiple groups
of Robins, Red-winged Blackbirds, and Killdeer not just on the shoulder but in
the middle of the interstate, something I have never seen before. After the 4
inches or so of snow that hit the north woods over the weekend, most forest
roads were covered with Hermit Thrushes, Fox Sparrows, and Robins for the past
few days. Spring will win out eventually, even if its technically summer by
then...

Tom Prestby
Madison