[wisb] T. Solitaire update (? new location @ UWSP)

  • From: Jon Zellmer <zellmerjon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 17:49:49 -0800 (PST)

We were able to watch and listen to Townsend's Solitaire for as long as we
wanted near corner of Fourth Ave. and Isadore Street.  We tried for about a
half
hour around Smith Hall and then decided to take road tour of campus with car
windows down.  Listening was the key to finding T. Solitaire though hearing its
melody.
The location again was Fourth Ave. and Isadore St. on south side of Fourth Ave.
and adjacent to Collins Classroom Center, College of Professional Studies and
NW
corner of Science Building.  Townsend's Solitaire was eating on small fruits
and
appeared to possibly be gleaning/flycatching insects off the side of Science
Building.

T. Solitaire was using top portions of basswood tree as singing perch and
appeared to be using tree as vantage point for hunting insects on wall/windows
of Science Building.

Jonathan Zellmer, Wood County