[wisb] Re: Swift Spotting: Find the Chimney

  • From: Joni Denker <jonidenker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chimneyswift1@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 16:16:52 -0500

Hi Karen,
Rock County - Janesville: The building you have listed as "Enginaire" (dark
brown brick building, Enginaire is the business name on the front of the
building, and the chimney being used is on the northwest side of the
building) is on the corner of W. Court St. and S. River St. I'm quite
positive this is my reporting on ebird, another one should be on there soon
from one of our observers for Bird City Janesville's Swift Night Out with
195 Swifts observed. I've also located one more roost site downtown that I
have yet to count at Chase Bank. We have another roost site on the corner
of E. Milwaukee St and S. Parker Dr. (264 observed), but there have not
been any more obvious flocks of Swifts elsewhere downtown the last few
weeks.

I will check out the locations you have listed for Beloit. I've noticed a
few different large gatherings of Swifts around downtown, but have not been
able to locate the chimney they are using.

Best,
Joni Denker
Rock County, Janesville

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Karen Etter Hale <chimneyswift1@xxxxxxxxxx