[wisb] Swans and longspurs, Dane co.

  • From: "Steve Thiessen" <stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisb" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 19:34:09 -0500

 Did a bigby bike ride south of Stoughton. Went for the shorebirds and got both
yellowlegs Pectorals and snipe along Cty A. Thanks to Steve Lubahn for posting
his Golden Plovers, I scanned the areas away from the water and got my
longspurs. Had around 40 come close over me. No yellowish ones, but a few nice
males. They were very hard to pick out in the lumpy field.
 Then in the small lake on the northside of Bass Lake Road, there was around
100 Tundra Swans and 150 gulls. Could find any good gulls. Those were my 1st
migrant Tundras this spring.
 Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.