[wisb] Snowy Owl and Eared Grebe(s) - Dunn Co.

  • From: "Janine Polk" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "j_l_polk@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: chippewa-valley-birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 19:57:04 -0700 (PDT)

Remarkably, a Snowy Owl continues to be seen at Eagle Crest in Dunn Co.  This
evening I watched it eat a duck in the field near Co. H.  I'm not sure this is
the same bird that spent the winter at this location (will have to compare it
to some photos).

An Eared Grebe -- maybe two -- was at Dummer's pond just to the east.

Janine Polk     j_l_polk@xxxxxxxxx
Eau Claire