[wisb] Columbia Co update: Yellow-headed Blackbird at Goose Pond

  • From: Lester Doyle <zzzlester@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 22:09:23 -0500

After hitting several of my usual Columbia Co birding spots, finished out
the day at Goose Pond where I found a single Yellow-headed Blackbird in the
field north of Kampen Rd. It was in a mixed flock of Grackles and Cowbirds.
I able to get one OK picture and a short video which I hope to post to
Madison Audubon FB page tomorrow.
Other noteworthy observations:

White-throated Sparrow - my yard
Eastern Meadowlarks - several locations