[wisb] Snowy & Northern Hawk Owls, Superior & Poplar

  • From: Rory Cameron <rory_cameron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 18:56:10 -0600

The Snowy Owl at Richard Bong Airport in Superior was still present this
morning. I observed it on the anemometer tower.
The Northern Hawk Owl continues near the Maple Northwestern Elementary School
east of Poplar on Hwy 2. I found it perched in trees NNE of the school. A scope
was needed to confirm its identification.

AND at least one Boreal Owl was present today, Feb 9, near the intersection of
Alseth Rd and North Shore Drive between Duluth and Two Harbors.

Rory Cameron
Chippewa Falls, Chippewa County

"We come and go, but the land is always here. And the people who love it and
understand it are the people who own it—for a little while." Willa Cather