[wisb] Snow Bunting pair in Door Co.

  • From: "Roy and Charlotte Lukes" <rnclukes@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin Birders Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 17:43:24 -0500

We were recently alerted to a pair of snow buntings at a friend's place in
Door County. We went to see them this morning and only saw the male in
breeding plumage. Roy got several photographs from about 40 feet distance.
The landowner has seen two and thinks they may be nesting. They have been on
his land for about two weeks.
This spring has been cold in Door County but this species was not expected
to linger into late May.

Roy & Charlotte Lukes

Egg Harbor, WI

Read Roy's nature stories in Door to Nature online at www.ppulse.com