[wisb] UW Arboretum: Connecticut Warbler

  • From: The Gorman-Baers <gormbaer@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 17:14:12 -0500

Hello,

This afternoon, I saw  a CONNECTICUT WARBLER near the west end of the
small boardwalk adjacent to Big Springs in the Wingra Woods section
of the UW Arboretum. It had an obvious complete eye-ring, a drab back
and greyish head, with the grey extending down onto the chest, and
yellow underparts. We stared at each other for a little while, and it
disappeared into the thicket. I tried to get it back without success
or about 15 minutes. Several other birders were in the vicinity; it
would be good to hear whether they saw it.

--
Peter Gorman
Mount Horeb, Dane Co.