[wisb] Smith's Longspur - Thanks!

  • From: "Jym Mooney & Carol Lee Hopkins" <hopmoon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 15:09:52 -0500

Thanks to everyone who quickly forwarded reports from this morning to me.  I
got to Dane County at 11:00, and met up with Steve Thiessen.  We walked over
the area for two hours, in company with three or four other folks.  We
flushed two different Smith's Longspurs.  Not perfect sightings, but enough
ID points (seen and heard) to make it to my life list.  Very exciting, as
this is a lifer that I never expected to find in Wisconsin.

Regards,

Jym Mooney, Milwaukee